Dec 23, 2013 | Carpet One Floor & Home
5 Ways to Defend Your Home Against Christmas Clutter & Stains
- Create a stain emergency kit. With all the excitement and extra treats, there’s a good chance something will end up spilled on your floor. Prepare for stains by making sure you have white paper towels, a clean sponge, white vinegar and mild detergent readily available.
- Limit the amount of kitchen clean up by preparing bite-sized finger foods for breakfast and snacks.
- Designate large boxes or bags for discarded wrapping paper and ribbons. Sort by trash, recycling and reusing. Sort everything as you unwrap and you’ll reduce your post-present-opening clean up time!
- Download the Stain First Aid app on your phone. This way, you’ll have advice on cleaning all sorts of carpet stains at your fingertips.
- Keep kids and guest from taking over your whole house by preparing activities to entertain (and contain) them. Set up a “movie theater” in the basement or family room, create an art station at the kitchen table, or set up board games in the dining room.